Wednesday 30 May 2012

GENDER COLOUR SAMPLES







Even though i didn't particularly like this symbol, i thought by adding colour to them it may start to interest me more and create more of a buzz, the colour schemes were inspired by the previous digital samples on bar and pie charts. Initially adding colour excited me but i just felt that there was something lacking, something to give it an extra dimension and make it stand out more, therefore i copied the layer and filled it a slightly darker tone, i then offset the copied filled layer creating a shadow / 3D effect. I believe this effect has really changed my feelings towards the symbol but i think if i apply it to the human figures it''ll still outclass this symbol. 

However, i originally created these samples to experiment with colour. I enjoy the bright turquoise, it's very vibrant and with the outline some what resembles a neon glow which doesn't really relate to the topic but aesthetically looks pretty damn good.