Tuesday 1 May 2012

SAMPLE- 3D paper models




I have followed through with my sample ideas and sketches from my reflective journal and made 3D paper models to convey a fact or figure inspired by 'That's ADV baby'. Seen as it was a sample i just used a statistic on paper product usage in the United States, i also thought the statistic related to the models as they were both based on paper. 


First of all i developed nets for the charts in my reflective journal which allowed me to get everything correct before creating my large charts. Once i created my 3D paper models I photographed and layered digital text on top of them using the same technique as 'That's ADV baby'


Overall i'm pretty pleased with the way the samples came out, they're a bit rough and untidy around the edges but thats because they're just samples and not works of art. I think if i were to develop this idea further i would neatly make them and experiment with various different styles. I think they would look amazing as a collective on massive table photographed from above like a full 3D infographic.