Wednesday 30 May 2012

STUDENT SURVEY


Rather than using other peoples statistics for my samples i decided to collate some myself by doing a class survey and turning my results into an infographic. I chose to do a general survey of my classmates as it's the easiest way to source information primarily. I specifically chose a variety of question styles so i could represent the visual data in different ways. For example; a yes and no answer could be displayed in a pie chart, whereas the subject area could be displayed in a bar chart as there are several answers. 

RESULTS

AGE;
  • 18 - 3
  • 19 - 9
  • 20 - 1
  • 21 - 1

GENDER;
  • Male - 4
  • Female - 11

EMPLOYMENT;
  • Yes - 10
  • No - 5

GOING TO UNIVERSITY;
  • Yes - 13
  • No - 2

SUBJECT AREA;
  • Fine art - 4
  • Textiles - 4
  • Illustration - 4
  • Graphic design - 2
  • Decorative arts - 1

UNIVERSITY SUBJECT
  • Graphics and illustration - 3
  • Fine arts - 3
  • Decorative arts - 2
  • Textiles and surface pattern - 2
  • Graphic design - 2
  • Contemporary applied arts - 1